Consignment is for when you have one or a few larger furniture pieces or a couple boxes of small items you wish to sell.
For furniture items (any size or bulky items that require more than one person to handle): please forward us a photo of the item along with any descriptions/history about the piece. We will view and determine if it is something we can sell for you and give you a price estimate range of what we may be able to ask for it. If you agree with the pricing estimate we can then schedule a specific day, usually 2-4 weeks later, for you to bring the item(s) to the store. Uncles may be able to help transport for a small fee.
For smalls (anything other than furniture that can be carried in by yourself): no photos/appointment necessary. Consignment intake hours are Tues., Thurs., and Sat. from 12 Noon until 4 pm. We will try to process your items while you are in the store. If there are several people we may ask if you can leave the items and we will process as we can and call you to verify pricing before placing on sales floor.
How Long? Markdowns? Your item is displayed for 4 months. The first month it is listed at the original price, then for the remaining 3 months (if not yet sold) the item will get a 10% markdown off the current price each month. You can remove your item at any time as long as it has not yet sold. Items unsold at the end of 4 months should be picked up. (After 2 weeks if not picked up or other arrangements made, items will become property of UNCLES.)
How do I get paid? Commission rates? Payment for items sold in a month will be mailed out or made available for pickup after the 25th of the following month. Commission is based on a sliding scale. The more you consign and sell, the better your rate is!
- For first time sellers up to $999.99 in sales, you receive 60% of the sales price (UNCLES gets 40%).
- For sales totalling $1000.00 to $1999.99 you receive 62% of the sales price (UNCLES gets 38%).
- For sales totalling $2000.00 to $2999.99 you receive 64% of the sales price (UNCLES gets 36%).
- For anything over $3000.00 you receive 66% of the sales price (UNCLES gets 34%).
If the case is that you just want the stuff gone, UNCLES can help with that also. It may just be one room, one floor or the whole house but UNCLES will make it go away (and probably for cheaper than those chain companies with the fancy trucks!).
Cost will depend on the amount of items to be removed/the types of items/the structure design to haul them out of (steps/tight turns). Timing also contributes, so the sooner you know the better it is to call and schedule. UNCLES will try to accommodate rush situations as best we can.
Best is to give us a call and let us know the details of the situation and we’ll let you know how much it will cost to ‘Get it Out!’ UNCLES will leave it empty and handle the disposal of all the contents as they see fit to include proper recycling of items.
Uncle Ned’s has stopped doing estate sales at this time. We are reassessing our procedures and fee schedule to be competitive in the area and be sure we cover our costs. Information below might not be accurate at this time until we resolve some issues for future possible sales. THANK YOU.
Uncle Ned’s offers On-Site Estate Sales to assist in emptying/selling of the actual physical inventory of an estate. This takes place directly in the house. Whether it is because of a loved one’s passing, moving across country, downsizing or combining multiple households, UNCLES can help!
The first step:
Call or email us. We will ask a few questions about the size of the estate, what the desired timeline is, and who is involved. (Condominiums must have approval from the association board to allow such a sale to take place.) If we determine a sale could be hosted we will then schedule a meeting with you at the sale location (no charge).
- we will do a quick tour of the merchandise available and let you know if and when we can do the sale
- our fees are based on a percentage of the projected sales fees are then subtracted from the gross sales at the end of the sale (depends on amount of merchandise to prepare and cleanliness of location)
- the client will pay for the advertising costs up front (done in the local paper, UNCLES prepares the ad for you), we also advertise on our website, Facebook page and on Craigslist in addition to street corner signs the days of the sale (depending on municipality regulations)
- all costs involved with doing the estate sale are included in the commission except the print ad. Be sure you compare the same inclusions when checking out other estate sale companies (some charge extra for cleaning, set up, garbage removal – UNCLE’S does not)
The most important thing to remember is: DO NOT THROW ANYTHING OUT BEFORE A SALE! Almost everything can be sold and reused! Let UNCLES, LLC determine if it should be sold or tossed.
- Length of set-up depends on the size of the estate
- we will set out all items from attics, basements, crawl spaces, garages, and closets
- item pricing: we strive to ensure we price items accurately, leaving as few items left at the end of the sale as possible and maximizing return – pricing is a delicate combination of current market pricing, antique value, timing, interested customer (and then good old fashioned haggling during the sale)
We request the client not be present during set up times and during the actual sale days, as UNCLES has found it is easier and faster to prepare the sale.Seeing items sold on the day of the sale can be strenuous for clients..
Before the sale:
- we welcome you, the client, to walk through the set up sale prior to opening to the public, this is done to assure that you have kept all memories/items you wish to keep and to get a view of the set up sale
- UNCLES sets aside any personal paperwork, photos, etc. that we think the client needs to process/keep
- usually 2 days long (depends on the amount of merchandise to liquidate)
- first day will be open usually for 6 or 7 hours to the public (ie: 10-4/5), items selling at marked price with a minimum of haggling on the pricing and bids accepted for items over $50
- second/final day is usually opened to the public for 4-7 hours (ie: 10-2/5), with remaining unsold items 1/2 off the original marked price, possible aggressive haggling to empty estate and winning bid items to be picked up
After the sale:
- UNCLES will empty the remaining unsold items as decided at contract signing (continued consignment for larger/better pieces at our store, donation to charity for some items, client keeps and handles unsold items … or a combination)
- we will give the house a quick once over clean (Uncles, LLC can be hired for a full clean after sale at an additional fee)
- Payments: a general recap of the sale will be sent to client’s address after the close of sale (close of sale = last day we are working in the house). There is a minimum of 15 business days for paperwork and processing and may take longer depending on the situation. This will include the check for the proceeds and a listing of some of the larger items sold and the prices at which they sold, any donation receipts and the current consignment inventory of items that were taken to the store (if this option is selected).
UNCLES, LLC Estate Sales/Moving Sales/Downsizing Sales are done to your needs. From ‘just get it done and leave me alone’ to ‘please let me know everything Uncles is doing,’ UNCLES will work with you at your comfort level.